Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I promise I will do 3 in April

So this month has been so busy that I feel like I can't get a hold of it. My calling has been keeping me very busy as has the rest of my life. I will write more later about what is keeping me so busy but for now I will just tell you that my kids are all very disturbed by my eye color (My eyes are blue). Today one of them asked if I had surgery to get my eyes to look like they do. This prompted a few more questions including, "What is wrong with them?" and "do they hurt you?" I told them it is just like some people having different color hair or different shades of skin. They didn't buy that because they said that they had never seen someone with blue eyes before. Can you believe that? Here are kids who live in the United States who have never seen a blue eyed person. I find it all shocking.

Peace out

5 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you, Jessica. I wonder if April will be any more calm. You are my definition of being, "Anxiously engaged in a good cause." I think that is what we all should be. Keep up the great work, if not the pace.

Steve said...

How have the kids not noticed your eyes until this late in the year? Your eyes are Very blue, yet they are saying they have never seen a blue eyed person. What about the other 200 days of this school year? :-)

Landon said...

I think you should get contacts that change your eye color. That's what any sensitive person would do for their students.

I suggests "cat-eye" or "albino."

Roger said...

In Peru, all of the devil masks had blue eyes. Try that explanation.

Leah Z said...

Too bad you can't get Vanessa Williams in as a guest speaker.